It almost time for our Year 6 students to say farewell to Kew Primary. Before they take their Year 6 wisdom with them, I asked them to share something they’ve learnt this year, or some advice for the incoming 2016 Year 6 students. This is what they had to say –
The advice ranged from the very practical –
- Keep track of all due tasks and assignments (Freddy)
- Finish your homework (and avoid homework club!)
- Stay organised – take a diary with you everywhere
- Always listen!
- Adapt to working with people you don’t normally work with (David)
To the rather exciting –
- Face your fears at camp and go to the top of the giant swing
- Be prepared for anything – things can jump out of nowhere and surprise you in many ways
There was lots about the Action Teams, one of the privileges that distinguish our Year 6 students –
- Join Ambassadors and be pure awesome*
- Join the Paparazzi and be awesome*
- Whatever Action Team you’re in, be happy with it and make the most of your time
And lastly, there were words to live by – apply them to Year 6 and all your school years to follow –
- Be unique! Always try your hardest and make the most of it! Be happy! (Indy)
- Just enjoy it! Try new things and make the most of it.
- Take every opportunity that comes your way – you may not get the same chance again! (Rafaella)
- Try your best and take risks!
- Push yourself outside your comfort zone and you will achieve a lot
- Try new things and don’t give up (Josh)
- Always put your best foot forward and have a lot of fun (Coco)
- Try as many new things as you can and give your hardest every day (Seb)
I think that the number of exclamation marks I’ve faithfully transcribed as part of this list says it all – have fun!
* I’ll leave the level of awesomeness for the kids to decide.